Ben's Blog

Welcome to my blog. I invite my parents, teachers (including dance teachers), Aunties, Uncles, cousins, Grandparents and family to please contribute.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Great Chilli Cook off

Mum, Dad, Alex and I headed down to the great chilli cook off, (the girl's were at Aunitie Pam's.)
We tried 20 different chillis, only Dad and I though, (Dad got gout the next day so he probably shouldn't have.) My favourite was the motor bike club's chilli. Dad said it made his mouth really warm, his favourite was playgroups. Judy's chilli was pumpkin flavoured!
Hmmm.
Not bad Judy, you can have a donation.
We saw Mary tell her three little pigs story, with the Bruns our neighbours.
Then we finally got a look inside THE BIG RED BUS! I've been waiting to do this for a long time.
I was rapt.
But it couldn't take us for a ride, so we got on the other big red bus.
We rode up to Pukeora, but didn't have enough money for the ride back. Fortunately the bus driver let us back on and we got some more money to pay him back (and a fresh made, real fruit ice cream) in town.

I left my yellow balloon on the bus.
Back in town we got a ride on the fire engine, even better than the bus. Grandad says we should go to Auckland and see the transport museum.
Gaining literacy in the stories and symbols of our local town culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment